A Polar Bear Ate my Head: Misadventures in Magazines
This is the hilarious and surreal true story of Britain’s biggest ever men’s magazine launch… and the chaos and disasters that followed.
Paul Merrill was an award-
Then he was suddenly deported to Australia to launch ZOO there, and events became even more outlandish.
Find out how Merrill:
• attacked Tony Blair with a puppet
• lost 130,000 pairs of inflatable breasts in the South China Sea
• accidentally gave his home address to a serial killer
• tried to cook a dwarf
• threw a biscuit at Christopher Lee
• searched for the hottest horse dentist and sexiest wall.
• employed Mo Mowlam as a sex columnist
• was accused by the attorney general of trying to overthrow the government
• persuaded the Aussie prime minister’s daughter to strip off
• was given advice on stain removal by Gordon Brown
• received death threats from enraged Islamists and a convicted killer
Containing hundreds of bizarre and unexpected anecdotes, A Polar Bear Ate My Head
is the most side-
“You’re guaranteed a laugh a page”
"A bloody brilliant lid-
“The best book ever written about the excesses and weirdness of the media. Every page is laugh out loud funny”
“A very entertaining book full of anecdotes and insider gossip. 9/10”
"This insider's look has the air of Toby Young's How to Lose Friends and Alienate People *****"
“Straight up the funniest book I’ve ever read – and I haven’t read many books.”
Aussie Rules legend Warwick Capper
"Such a funny book -
Amanda Keller WSFM Breakfast Show
“Australia’s funniest author. Everyone should read A Polar Bear Ate My Head, it’s brilliantly funny. You’ll never look at teaspoons the same way.”
Kara Byers, Foxtel
“A very entertaining book.”
Luke Buckmaster, Crikey.com